Yvonne DeBandi was born and raised east of the Mississippi River, gracing the classrooms of almost ten different schools before heading to Florida State University to graduate with high honors. Wearing many hats, DeBandi has been self-employed as a Professional Musician, Computer Programmer, Writer, Teacher and Artist for over thirty years, oddly enough with singing being her “day job”. Always on the cutting edge, her most recent projects include 3D Websites and Virtual Worlds in a Browser.
In addition to her excellent educational experiences, she is fast to share that much of her life perspective was learned roaming around the woods and sitting by campfires. The best marshmallow is slightly toasted with a quick flaming. The best campfire music is unrehearsed with group involvement, lyrics made up on the fly because no one remembers the words.
Her animal rescue days began with an injured box turtle named Herbie (after the LoveBug, of course). The second was an abandoned sheltie that followed her home one rainy day while selling Girl Scout Cookies door to door, in the days when knocking on a stranger’s door wasn’t taboo. Her most recent rescue was a bi-polar cat that constantly growls at his own reflection, officially affording her a crazy cat lady badge that she wears with pride.
DeBandi is a prolific writer, currently working on both her fifth and sixth novel. While her novels are complete works of fiction, her experiences as a musician, computer programmer, nature enthusiast, and animal lover shine through in her mysterious, suspenseful tales of inspiration. The most common comment received from her readers is, “I read it in 48 hrs, I just couldn’t put it down.”
To learn more about Yvonne DeBandi visit https://yvonnedebandi.com
Or visit her on Amazon - Yvonne DeBandi Author Page
- Behind the Green Door – Magic of Mystic May – Prologue (book available soon)PROLOGUE ~ February 1692 ~ It was day eighty-nine of a long journey across the oceans. His mother wouldn’t admit the purpose, but the young boy was smart for his age. He knew they were running. The witchcraft hysteria spreading across the lands had them packing family heirlooms and boarding the wooden charter. Destination: the […]
- Meet Maggie, a True FriendFree on Kindle Unlimited. Download and Hard Copy Available. THE DAWN OF EVE: A dystopian urban fantasy where something killing the earth gives the survivors extraordinary powers. Will they figure out how to use them in time to save the human race? Fast moving and fun. A mystery you won’t be able to put down.
- Wow – I Just Discovered GoodReads. I’m in Book Heaven!Not sure how this gem of a site got past me before now. GoodReads is just that, a place where book lovers chime in to let you know which are their favorites. If you are like me, more books on your list than you have time to crack open, the “Wants to Read” shelf will […]
- Looking for FIVE Readers – New Book PreviewA book reading that went astray 😀 Them: Wait, what was that? Tee parrot port? What the heck is that? Me: Tepereport. It means telepathically peregrinate to another port or location. You know… you’re here, blink your eyes and you’re there. Them: Stop it. You made that word up. I don’t think you can do […]
- A HUGE Library at your FingertipsIf you love to read as much as I do, Kindle Unlimited offers an amazing deal! It is a subscription service that gives you UNLIMITED access to over a million titles, a number that grows every day. Try it out for thirty days free, or get your first three months for only .99 (limited time)! […]
- I Blame My Sister for my New Fiction Book on WitchcraftMy sister, an amazing artist, got me hooked on the ancestry bug. I was fascinated by our ancestor Mehitable Brabrook Downing in Ipswich, and one of the ten signers of the famous “please release us from prison, for we are not witches” letter. (Okay, that is not actually what it is called in official documentation, […]
- BUSTED by Yvonne DeBandiChallenge: Write a scene based on the provided photograph. Photo by Perchek Industrie. Written for: FictionFountain.com BUSTED © 2019 Yvonne DeBandi YvonneDeBandi.com Not only did I have to work late unexpectedly, the bus was also behind schedule. Thank goodness Milo convinced me to take the apartment next to his. He had come to my rescue […]
- Exhilaration by Yvonne DeBandiChallenge: Write a scene based on the provided photograph. Photo by Luna Lunaria Written for: FictionFountain.com EXHILARATION © Copyright Yvonne DeBandi https://YvonneDeBandi.com “Enjoy your FoolCation!” That’s what she said to me. She was probably right. Becky was always right. Her candor wasn’t surprising either. She never spared an honest opinion or offered a sugary lie, traits […]
- Paper Trail of Love by Yvonne DeBandiChallenge: Write a scene based on the provided photograph. Photo by Photo by Simone Viani Written for: FictionFountain.com PAPER TRAIL OF LOVE by Yvonne DeBandi Ridiculous. Silly. Ashamed. That’s how I felt on top of the enormous grief filling my broken heart. I couldn’t manage the entire heartfelt note, uncontrollable sobs interrupting your words of […]
- Circle of Fire by Yvonne DeBandiChallenge: Write a scene based on the provided photograph. Photo by Swaraj Tiwarifor Written for: FictionFountain.com CIRCLE OF FIRE © Copyright Yvonne DeBandi 2019 It had been a long time since we had a night off. The fact it coincided with the annual lake party thrown by longtime friends was an unexpected bonus. I was […]