I am a science fiction writer who lives and works in the western United States. My background in science, engineering, technology, and the military have given me an interesting set of experiences to begin explorations into speculative fiction. I am making an effort to be faithful to science while building a fun and interesting story. At an early age, science fiction made a huge impression on me. My later reading of the science fiction made me realize that the authors were seeing beyond the next horizon into a fantastic future. Fast forward to the twenty-first century, I realize that the spark influencing the authors of the past is alive and well. We may not live in the future they imagined, but our future holds equal promise and equal inspiration. My science fiction adventures are set during humanity's emergence and achievements as a class 1 civilization. I hope you enjoy the stories as much as I enjoyed writing them.
- Timeline of EventsI have developed a timeline of events as part of world building. I have opted to share that timeline in the form of stories and vignettes. This is the means to read all of my work in chronological order. Periodically, I will post a vignette that adds to this timeline. Any additional publications will appear […]
- From the pages of Thunder Moon Tussle: Lunadyne CorporationWhen Orbitdyne began their lunar operations, they changed their name to Lunadyne. They are the principle owner and operator of Conrad Station. Orbitdyne was originally founded by Ava and Ernie McDermott. Morris Mason, the former CEO of Mason Industries, is a third partner in the operation. Conrad Station is central in Thunder Moon Tussle. Deputy […]
- Morgan’s Road by Torn MacAlesterMy short story Morgan's Road acts as a prequel to the remainder of my current stories including my novel Thunder Moon Tussle. I wrote the story itself to romanticize the actual science results from LCROSS. You can see the science behind the story in article The Science of Torn MacAlester's Morgan's Road. The […]
- Thunder Moon Tussle by Torn MacAlesterAvailable for free on Kindle Unlimited, also for sale for Kindle and paperback at Amazon.com. Thunder Moon Tussle by Torn MacAlester
- Vignette: StrangerA vignette by Torn MacAlester. Someone looking for Nils stops by the Conrad Station Bar for a drink. Read more about Nils Carmike in Thunder Moon Tussle by Torn MacAlester, available for free on Kindle Unlimited, also for sale for Kindle and paperback at Amazon.com. Thunder Moon Tussle by Torn MacAlester Cover graphic by Shannan Albright […]
- New Vignette: Fifteen Percent!Fifteen Percent! by Torn MacAlester
- Short fiction: Clash of TitansHere is a new short fiction vignette by yours truly. This scene involves two of the important characters appearing in Thunder Moon Tussle. This short fiction could be regarded as a prequel, but there are no spoilers. Enjoy!
- MoonscapeMoonscape photographed by Torn MacAlester from mesh terrain built from lunar digital elevation map in blender. The simulated terrain was rendered in Open Simulator.
- New Vignette by Torn MacAlesterA new vignette by Torn MacAlester: Rejection
- Thunder Moon Tussle video TrailerThunder Moon Tussle by Torn MacAlester